12.05.2008

untitled

You shield me from the world
You believe that my art belongs alone in dark
You make me mask my beauty and I resent you
What worth do I carry?
What wealth do I offer this world?
To you, I am a body
To be lusted, but no more.
Nothing more.
The ones that see the art behind my eyes
Are the ones you shield me from for fear I’ll realize all I have to offer.
What worth am I to you then?
Have you yet to discover me
Have you yet to sample the deliciousness I provide
When I held out my hands with a taste of this mind
You turned up your nose and flicked your wrist and shooed it away.
Everything I’ve offered you destroyed
Every piece I could afford to give has been banished
Or wrecked
Or returned
Or discarded
Or shunned
And I’m tired.
How many pieces of this flesh can I stand to lose?
When will this life say ‘enough’?
When will this art overflow and reach for the first thirsty mind it can find
And seek out the love that it needs?

No comments: